Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Baby Reject Bottle

I successfully established breastfeeding at the end of my confinement. I thought baby will normally take from bottle easily as I became baby before, and I never see any baby reject bottle. To my surprise, my breastfeed baby reject bottle! 

My husband laughed at me that before this I cried during my confinement month because she don't want to drink from my breast, now I stressed up because she don't want to drink from bottle. :-/ 

I will write in chronology so it is easier to narrate. 

Week 5

At Week 5 when baby went to Klinik Kesihatan to check up I still feed her bottle. Pigeon wide neck SS size was used. 

Week 6 

This weekend we went to Lam Wah Hospital for check up. I brought expressed breast milk (EBM) in bottle but she seem to refuse to take. According to Gina's book Love Breastfeeding, baby should introduced bottle at Week 4 - 6. I didn't notice this as I am too busy taking care of baby on my own. 

Week 8 

I start to train baby to take bottle after CNY, which is at Week 8. Not success. She rejected and cried so loud like we bullied her. This is a more okay version. This is the after I try to feed her bottle. I never get to capture the moment she cry like hell.  Then I begin to search at ask around. 

Week 9 - 10

Baby started to drink from bottle! 
Some tips I gather when I ask around is as below: 

This is when she drink like champion. I hope she did this again. 


Week 11-12

Just when I though I had successfully bottle train my baby, she suddenly not okay to feed on bottle again. I suspect it is frozen breastmilk (FBM) that result this, or maybe the lipase taste in FBM, but when I try with very fresh EBM, she only took one time this whole week when bottle feed by her dad.

Week 11 reject bottle video. 

Thought of buying Hegen for baby but it is expensive and I am sure my husband will disapprove my suggestion. Even buying MAM bottles for baby to try, he seem to be unhappy already. 

Maybe I try MAM bottles again till the weekend and see how. I might considering buying Hegen if she don't want to take at Week 13. Also I think Hegen is so nice but it is so expensive. T.T

Week 13 

I bought Hegen! But scare to try on baby. Btw, I think the following tips is useful: https://www.kelabmama.com/cara-ajar-bayi-minum-susu-botol-sebelum-mama-kembali-bekerja/


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: