Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Medical Cards for Senior Citizens

 My parents has medical card and I am a government servant so I am quite relieve about my parents access to medical facilities. However, I am worry about my MIL as she is 63 now, means her next birthday will be 64. Most of the standalone medical card offer entry age up to 65 years old only. MIL is currently working now and she is covered by her company insurance. However, I am scare she stopped work one day and cannot purchase any medical card. 

So I went online and search the medical card which the premium can still be affordable within our budget: 

1) Tokio Marine Medic Plus (deductible RM10k)

For RM100k annual limit, the annual premium is RM606. 
Outpatient kidney is RM40k per year
No lifetime-limit

However, I am quite unsure it cover the take-home drug or not.

2) PRUSenior Med (Co-insurance 20%)

No mention of annual limit, but for lifetime limit is RM225k, the annual premium is RM3266.


3) Pacific Medi Major Plus (deductible RM10k) 

Annual limit RM200k, Life-time limit RM600k 
Outpatient kidney is RM60k per year
Annual premium RM1315


4) Zurich Z-MedProtect (deductible RM10k) 

Annual limit RM100k
Annual Premium RM3000++


5) Etiqa E-medical Pass Takaful (deductible RM5k) 

Annual limit RM80, no lifetime limit 
Annual Premium RM2689 


6) RHB MediSure Supreme Insurance (deductible RM10k)

Annual limit RM100k, lifetime limit RM1000k
Annual Premium RM1029
Medicines/Drugs are payable


7) Takaful myClick MediCare (deductible RM3k) 

Annual limit RM75k, no lifetime limit 
Annual limit RM2310


Based on my research, it seem that Tokio Marine Medic Plus has the cheapest premium. Maybe I will go for this. Consult husband first. 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: